Sunday, September 18, 2011

Photographing a Sundown

I came prepared with my polarizing filter, perfect for all sky shots, especially anything having to do with suns.
With this set I've decided to start a project with themes. So here's the project I've set up for myself:
A set of pictures for each primary color. So next up is yellow and blue.

The timing for these shots was perfect. When your subject is the sky and its color, then the time of day that you take your shots is key. So I went outside past 7pm right as the sky turned orange-red. I made sure to get foreground objects to have a strong contrast with the sky. Taking the pictures to lightroom I adjusted the color of the sky so that the sky is even reder and slightly more saturated. I also made sure to get a strong silouhette of the trrees by uping the contrast and clarity. Lastly, I gave the pictures some vignetting to further focus the pictures on the sky and guide the viewer to it.

So here they are:
For the rest visit my flickr!: Link to my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment